Blog Takeover! Eek!


Hi everyone, it’s seena here. Mark says we don’t need another chili recipe, but when you’ve created the Best. Chili. Recipe. Ever. I mean, come on, it has to be shared. Am I right? So, I’ve gone rogue and taken over the blog this week, mwahaha.


I think we need to consider a family or kid approved button for recipes Stella thinks are awesome. Like this chili recipe. She asks me to make it on a regular basis. Is it weird to think that for anyone looking for good vegan recipes that ‘kid approved’ means it’s extra good? Today is the coldest day on record this winter. Something about an arctic air mass. Perfect day to make chili for dinner. Woohoo! says Stella.


xo, seena


PS: Mark would spend a lot of time including links to cool articles and videos and stuff. Not me. I have art to do.


PPS: I serve our chili with this delish cornbread I’ve adapted from Julie Hassan’s Vegan Diner Classic Comfort Food cookbook that’s a new family favorite. (Ok, so one link.)


Cornbread
1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 ½ cups polenta instant corn meal (this is closer to corn flour and avoids the gritty texture of traditional corn breads that my family does not enjoy)
¼ cup white sugar
2 scant tablespoons baking powder
2 cups soy milk
¼ cup of your favorite oil


Grease a square 8x8 baking dish and set aside.


Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet in another. Add the wet ingredients to the dry being careful to not overmix. Stir until barely combined.


Pour in the greased dish and bake at 400C for about 45 minutes or until the centre of the cornbread springs back when touched.

Let cool for about 15 minutes before cutting. If you can wait that long. I tend to serve half of the cornbread, warm, with our chili and freeze the other half until the next time I make chili. So easy! Hope you like it!

Comments