Who said it?
The MM movement is simply a good idea which is continually gaining new converts and proponents, who spread the word to others, who then take up the charge and so it grows and spreads from person to person by word of mouth and sharing of recipes. And it always seems that each new article or testimonial contains some great nugget of an idea or a personal anecdote which I find compelling, relevant or fresh in some way. Take a gander at some of these quips and quotes and click through to find out who said it:
- "Google research indicates Internet searches related to health behaviors are higher on Monday than any other day of the week."
- "I was my own hero in a Sophoclean tragedy: “Omnivorous Rex.” I knew the benefits of vegetarianism, yet I craved meat."
- "In addition to helping animals, humans have a lot to gain from participating in Meatless Monday. A number of studies have found that 'meat-reducers' — those who eat less meat than the average American — tend to have lower rates of high blood pressure, cholesterol, heart disease and even certain types of cancer."
- "I am an omnivore but I'm cognizant of animal welfare and carbon emissions. I've been reading over the years of the carbon costs of meat production. It's become an increasing concern of mine."
- "Take a chance on new fruits and vegetables, include your family in choosing dishes and preparing meals, try ethnic recipes at home, try a new veggie dish at your favorite restaurant, and/or host a Meatless Monday dinner party."
So there's your bon mots for the day. And a great bit of stained glass artwork from our resident artist and MM super-supporter, Stella. This week's recipe is another Sweet Sunshine success story. It is really rich and delicious, so pair it with some brown rice and a green vegetable for a satisfying Monday meal. Have a great week!