Hello again and thanks for taking time with me to catch up on the latest news regarding the MM movement. The most exciting news (for me) is that I have been made an Official Meatless Monday blogger over on meatlessmonday.com. If you look at the top right hand side of the main page of the blog, I am sporting a brand new MM blogger badge with pride! Very soon, they will be sharing my blog, and with any luck, some of my recipes on the main site. Special thanks to all my loyal readers for sticking with me and encouraging me all this time, which has helped me to achieve this honour. And now, the rest of the (just as important) MM news:
- Montgomery County, Maryland has officially proclaimed Mondays meatless
- Prevention Magazine has invited its readers to join the MM movement because it is easy, eco-friendly, healthier, sexier, kinder and will save you money
- Because of Prevention's second point, the German Green Party has made MM a component of their official party platform
- Because of Prevention's third point, Active.com encourages their readers to adopt MM because it increases healthier plant consumption
- Because of Prevention's sixth point, Forks Over Knives challenged one of their correspondents to eat on only $1.50 a day for a week
- Not that it's new, but I just love this YouTube video by Animals Australia and meatfreemondaysaus called "This is why Meat Free Mondays Matter"
We are again sharing one of Seena's great recipes for baked goods, this week featuring whole grains, fruit, nuts (with healthy Omega 3s), and chocolate. Hope you enjoy it and thanks, as always, for reading.