Gnocchi with Garlicky Walnut Sauce
1lb package of gnocchi (70% potato, if available)
1/2lb package of Gimme Lean (or other veggie sausage)
1 cup chopped walnuts
2T olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 large green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup silken tofu, drained
1/4 cup milk or soy milk
1/4 cup nutritional or engevita yeast flakes
salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In medium skillet, toast the walnuts for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
3. Saute green pepper and garlic with 1T oil in skillet for about 3-5 minutes.
4. Combine tofu, nutritional yeast and milk of choice in a mixing bowl and whisk together. Add mixture to skillet and heat through with the garlic and green pepper. Set aside.
5. Fry the veggie sausage in 1T olive oil until browned and heated through.
6. Combine all ingredients in pasta pot and serve with some fresh ground pepper.